If you’re anything like us, 2017 has flown by. And that means it’s time to review the year‘s achievements and areas for improvement and to set new goals for the coming year. Read on for our tips on setting effective goals for 2018.
Make Your Goals SMART
You’ve probably heard this acronym for goal-setting characteristics before, but let’s review.
- Specific: Goals should be precise — “I want to exercise 4 times a week” vs. “I want to exercise more.”
- Measurable: Goals should have metrics attached — “I want to drink 64 ounces of water a day” vs. “I want to drink more water.”
- Attainable: It’s good to push yourself, but you want to set goals that are actually achievable — “I want to complete a Couch to 5K running program in 3 months” vs. “I want to run a marathon in 3 months even though I haven’t even gone for a walk in the past two weeks.”
- Relevant: Think about what you want your life to look like, and set goals that help you bring that vision to reality.
- Time-Bound: Set goals with a starting point and an endpoint.
Using SMART as a guide can help you set more effective goals.
Try One Word
Choosing a single word for your overarching theme for a year can give you laser focus to achieve your goals. Spend some time meditating on what you did well in 2017 and what you’d like to do better in 2018. Find a thread that runs through it, and choose a single word to represent what you want out of yourself in the coming year. If you feel overwhelmed with a method like SMART, this can be a good way to get yourself pointed in the right direction without so much pressure.
Find a Team
No matter what your goals, finding a team of like-minded individuals can help you achieve more. Partners in goal-setting help provide accountability, encouragement, troubleshooting, and optimism. Whether you enlist some friends, find an online community, or an in-person support group, finding teammates to go on the journey with you in 2018 will set you up for success.
Achieve Your Health Goals at Infusion Express
If IV infusions are a part of your health plan, then consider scheduling your next appointment at Infusion Express. At Infusion Express, you can enjoy both the warmth of a spa and the comforts of home at any of our offices. You can receive your IV treatment while catching up on your favorite TV shows on our HDTVs, digging into the latest hit novel on our eReaders, or by simply hanging out with friends or family in your own private room. You can bring your laptop and work if you’re on a tight deadline at work, or you can even bring your spouse and call it a date! It’s the right care at the right place to get both your physical and emotional health back on track.
We’re invested in helping you live your best life, so we offer appointments during days, evenings and on Saturdays at any of our convenient locations. If you’re ready to experience the difference Infusion Express can make in your life, give us a call at any of our locations.