Patient Support Specialist plays a critical customer service role in our organization as you are, in most cases, the initial and final point of contact for our patients. We prioritize the patient experience and expect our entire staff, including the Patient Support Specialist, to embrace this culture.
- Serve patients by greeting and helping them; scheduling appointments; maintaining EMR records and accounts
- Keep patient appointments on schedule by validating eligibility; notifying Nurses of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule.
- Comfort patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining a clean and organized reception area and maintain the inventory of basic supplies.
- Ensure availability of treatment information by receiving, filing and retrieving patient records and mail quickly and completely.
- Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating insurance and personal financial information.
- Protect patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Accept deliveries and routes them to the appropriate departments.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus
High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-3 years of clerical/reception experience in Medical Office
- Strong interpersonal and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to work in a timely manner with accuracy & thoroughness
Overland Park, KS | Briarcliff, MO | Independence, MO | Fremont, CA | San Mateo, CA | Glenview, IL | Schaumburg, IL | Malvern, PA