The Authorization Specialist will ensure that insurance benefits are verified, authorizations are obtained on all infusions/injections prior to scheduling and patient records are meticulously maintained.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers through prompt response and courteous communication within 24 hours of the request.
- Verify all insurance benefits and eligibility as necessary to validate coverage.
- Obtain and document authorization on all visits.
- Assist patients with questions or concerns regarding their authorization, paperwork or payments as needed.
- Ensure all tasks are worked daily, completely and appropriate follow up is timely.
- Interface with office and clinical staff to ensure all necessary documentation is valid and complete in a timely manner to obtain authorizations.
- Respond to and resolve difficult/sensitive inquiries and complaints; evaluate problems and take appropriate action to resolve issues and concerns.
- Immediately alert scheduling and/or billing team regarding any denial of services.
- Document accurately and timely in the EMR system all authorizations or interactions surrounding the insurance on every patient.
- Assist team members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain departmental goals and productivity parameters as set forth by the Department Manager.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- EXCELLENT PEOPLE SKILLS. Friendly, outgoing, confident, articulate, compassionate, understanding, persuasive, and just nice.
- Excellent 10-key skills.
- Working knowledge of EMR/Scheduling/Billing systems.
- Health Insurance billing knowledge a plus.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- 2 Years of Billing / Authorization experience in a medical office or hospital.
Overland Park, KS