We are selectively seeking a Part Time Medical Assistant / Patient Support Specialist with IV experience, preferably infusion experience, willing to float between a clinical role, and a front office role, for a rewarding position to assist our patients in a relaxed clinic setting. Our infusion center will remind you of a spa laden with private infusion rooms, large screen TVs, high-speed WiFi, complimentary snacks and healthy hydration. Treatments cover a wide variety of auto-immune disorders including but not limited to Rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, Allergic asthma, Plaque psoriasis, and Lupus.
The front office role as Medical Assistant / Patient Support Specialist in our organization is critical as you are, in most cases, the initial and final point of contact for our patients. We prioritize the patient experience and expect our entire staff to embrace this culture.
- Serve patients by greeting and helping them; scheduling appointments; maintaining EMR records and accounts
- Keep patient appointments on schedule by validating eligibility; initiating and following up on prior authorizations; notifying Nurses of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule.
- Comfort patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining a clean and organized reception area and maintain the inventory of basic supplies.
- Obtaining vital signs from patient before and during infusion.
- Ensure availability of treatment information by receiving, filing and retrieving patient records and mail quickly and completely.
- Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating insurance and personal financial information.
- Protect patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Accept deliveries and routes them to the appropriate departments.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Medical Assistant Qualifications:
- Valid Medical Assistant (MA) license
- IV competency, preferably infusion experience
Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Professional Experience:
- 1-3 years of clerical/reception experience in Medical Office
- Strong interpersonal and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to work in a timely manner with accuracy & thoroughness
Medical Assistant / Patient Support Specialist Position Perks:
- Flexible Schedule
- Highly competitive pay
- Friendly work environment
Overland Park, KS | Briarcliff, MO | Independence, MO | Fremont, CA | San Mateo, CA | Glenview, IL | Schaumburg, IL | Malvern, PA