Account Receivable Specialist
Kansas City, MO
Would you like to go to sleep every night knowing you have made a difference in the lives of others? Are you interested in a position within a company that values its patients and employees’ well-being and actively promotes those values in its day to day operations?
We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist who is responsible for many facets of medical billing and accounts receivable management, including insurance and patient follow-up in accordance with practice protocol with an emphasis on maximizing patient satisfaction and profitability. Responsible for providing phone support for patients and providing feedback to manager regarding patient registration and preauthorization.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years billing experience in a healthcare setting.
- Comprehensive understanding of accounts receivable management and payment posting in a healthcare setting.
- Strong working knowledge of managed care plans, insurance carriers, referrals and pre-certification procedures, as well as documentation guidelines.
- Working knowledge of Medicare compliance, OSHA, and HIPAA.
- Requires familiarity with NaviNet and Availity, as well as payer portals.
Job Type: Full-time